Friday, October 25, 2013

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

What first caught my eye about Jerry Uelsmann's photography was that he makes really cool illusions with his photos, the fact that he can convert a house into a tree, a ceiling into the sky, and hands into the tree limbs that hold a birds nest, is out of my imagination.

I see . . . in the first photo a tree house , literally, a house with roots growing from it. 
In the second photo i see a roofless room, the cloudy sky above it, in a office like area.
I smell . . . Id smell the fresh air and the reak of the old wooden house broken down.
 in the second photo id smell the fresh air, the last time the fire place was lit, and the flowers in the vase hidden in the back.
I hear . .id here the breeze as it blows against the glass of the broken windows in and out of the empty house.
 in the second photo id hear the strange noises coming from the hollow chimney as the air passes through and the paper on the desk flap because the only thing preventing it to move is a feathered pen. 
I taste . . .id taste the sadness of the empty broken house.
 in the second photo id taste the loneliness of the room once filled with many formative and heavy thinking people
I feel . . . id feel the the dirt pass my feet as the wind blew at a fast pace and the little bit of grass growing along the roots.
in the second photo id feel the air against my face and the expensive carpet i stand on.
 
to show off my photographer id do a power point that shows every famous photo he has and the hidden ones not many people know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment